Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"...And The Walls Came Tumbling Down"

So today was the day that the guys worked on the kitchen/dining room wall. And by "worked on" I mean destroyed. What didn't occur to me is that I wouldn't have access to the kitchen AT ALL from 8:30 (Got my third cup) until 6:15pm. Luckily I had some snacks for the kids (and me) in the garage fridge...and frozen Christmas cookies. I even had a chance to walk out into the new portion of the big new space, but I didn't have the foresight to have my camera with me. It's really nice and big...I can't wait!

So the guys finished up by 6:15-ish and I was able to fire up the grill and get my number one grill master on cooking us up some chicken. I was very close to just telling Mike I wanted to go out, but instead we pulled together grilled BBQ chicken breasts, frozen green beans and mashed potatoes (from a box- don't judge me! I bought it for nights like this!) We just finished and are thinking of scaling the ladder to check out the new room. I'll bring the camera if we do.


1 comment:

  1. We didn't scale the ladder. We would have had to maneuver the tall one and we weren't up to that. Right now I'm just digging the quiet!

    ReplyDelete